Choosing The Best Soft Structured Carrier.
Do you have an active lifestyle? Or are you the type of parent who spends a lot of time home taking care of your baby? Either way, you need to think carefully about what soft structured carrier – or SSC – you decide to buy and use. While it might seem like an unimportant purchase, it can make all the difference in the world. To help you out, we’ve come up with a list of tips and advice you should follow in order to find the absolute best baby carrier no matter what type of lifestyle you live.
What is a Soft Structured Carrier?
A soft structured carrier is a mei tai baby carrier with straps or buckles instead of simple ties. Many parents feel this to be more secure though they do tend to have the down side of taking some adjustment when worn by both mum and dad.
Choosing a Soft Structured Carrier.
Here’s a look at how to choose a better baby carrier for you and your child.
- Weight Recommendations – One of the most important things to think about is the weight recommendation for the baby carrier. It’s crucial to get something that’s going to be able to support the weight of your baby without breaking. If it does break, there’s a chance of harming your child.
- Style and Design – You should also look closely at how the baby carrier is designed. There’s not a lot of variation, but enough that you should be familiar with them and know which style you (and your baby) prefer.
- Comfort – Going along with the point above, you want to make sure you think about how comfortable the carrier is going to be. Additionally, the comfort of the baby is very important. If the baby isn’t comfortable, they’re going to let you know and the whole idea of a baby carrier will seem rather pointless.
- Ergonomics – To find something comfortable, look for a soft structured carrier that was built with ergonomics in mind. While a lot of baby carriers might look nice, if they’re not easy on your back and comfortable for the baby, they’re not going to be very useful at all. One of the best ways is to actually try the baby carrier out before you buy it. This can be difficult if you shop online, but you can always read reviews other consumers have left.
- Pockets – Don’t forget to look for handy pockets – especially ones with zippers! You might not think this is important on a baby carrier, but if you’ve been a mother for any time at all, you know well that pockets are practically priceless when dealing with infants and small babies.
Finding the best soft structured carrier to fit your lifestyle is an important step for you and baby. Once you have one, you’re going to see why so many other women (and men) have said that soft baby carriers are the best way to go.
Of course the choice is down to individual taste as with any form of baby carrier. Some of the brands on the market include the Baby Bjorn carrier, the Beco baby carrier, various ErgoBaby carriers, Babyhawk Oh Snap, Pikkolo baby carrier, Action baby carrier and Boba baby carrier. There is no shortage of choice!